TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Conflict of Interest?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conflict of Interest? Login/Join 
posted
Would like some advice on this issue. I have a juvenile charged with a sex crime that we are working up for trial.

We have juvenile who resides with mom goes over for visitation to dads house and perps on his stepsister. Mom hires defense attorney for juvenile. Mom also hires the same defense attorney to represent her in a custody dispute to modify child custody of the juvenile. Defense attorney who represents juvenile also represents mom and has set the juvenile case for trial. I get the feeling that the attorney is playing family court at juvenile. Is there a conflict of interest?

I'd say there is an argument to be made that the attorneys duty of loyalty is compromised because he cannot impartially represent the interests of the juvenile and the mom at the same time in separate proceedings. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 16 | Location: Tyler, Texas, USA | Registered: June 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post