TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    New Petition Alleging Truant Conduct
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Petition Alleging Truant Conduct Login/Join 
posted
Whenever any TDCAA members create a form for the new 65.04 Petition Alleging Truant Conduct, I'd appreciate you sharing it with the rest of us!

Posts: 95 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking the same thing!

Posts: 26 | Location: Andrews County | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cassandra - I can't thank you enough for sending me a copy of your proposed petition. I think it's great!

Posts: 95 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sure would like a copy.

I do have a few questions as well:
I don't believe we have set up a committee between the county judge, mayor, etc--isn't that a prerequisite to filing the petition.

Has anyone been involved with setting up the required committee or reviewing the policies the schools would try first before filing the petition.

Since it is in civil court now, does that mean the JP courts will handle all truancy matters or can the petition still be filed in municipal court?

I sure would like a copy of that petition as well.

Posts: 169 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James- What is your email? I'll send you what I have. I am in a small county, so I was not involved in setting up the committee. We did, however, have a meeting with the school superintendent, all the principals, the two JP's, the juvenile probation chief, the county judge, and the school resource officer in order to make sure we were all on the same page. I believe you can file in municipal or JP court. Our community decided to move these cases (as well as the parents contributing) from the municipal court to the JP courts starting September 1, because the municipal court was not used to handling civil cases.

Posts: 26 | Location: Andrews County | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are in the middle of the same process.
Do you mind sending me a copy of what you have?
Thanks!
Mike Hartman
Scurry County Attorney
scurryca@co.scurry.tx.us

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me, too, please! My email is my name as it appears to the left (one word, all lower case with no dots, dashes or underlines) [at] mypottercounty.com.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Justice Court Training Center (which handles training of all of the JPs) has put together a ton of forms for truancy procedures. If you or a JP you know have access, it can save you a lot of time. I do not have access, but my JP does. She is not technologically savvy however and just prints things and hands them to me. Frown If I can manage to get the actual digital files, I'm happy to pass them along.

My county came up with a bunch of these forms from scratch, but will be revising them because the JCTC ones are actually pretty solid.

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can I also be sent a copy of the petition? Also, does anyone happen to have a copy of a "state's motion to dismiss any pending FTAS cases
" that I can tweak for our county? My JP office is asking for one to be created by our office. Thanks

Posts: 24 | Location: Pecos County | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the municipal courts training center does
http://www.tmcec.com/truancy/
they have several examples of petitions and expunction orders

Posts: 169 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post