TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Walmart video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walmart video Login/Join 
posted
I have a Walmart video surveillance video that I can't seem to play on my computer. I've downloaded numerous players and no luck. The P.D. can play the video on their Windows Media Player. When we checked the properties it shows a codec of LrxTextOV filter. I can't find that codec on the web. Anyone else have this problem and found a solution?

Posts: 42 | Location: McKinney TX | Registered: June 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you asked Walmart to burn their player onto a CD and re-burn the video? If they no longer have the video (but you do), then still have Walmart burn the player onto a CD. Take that CD and install that player onto your computer.

With standard Walmart videos, you must first open the player, then open the file into its proprietary player. If you still need help, email me at mhightower(@)wilco(dot)org and I can either send you the player we got from Wal-mart or maybe help you further.

Posts: 90 | Location: Georgetown, TX | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Subpoena Walmart to bring their equipment to court and play the video.

Or, using software that can capture sound and video on a screen (like SnapzPro), have Walmart play the video on a computer and you capture what is being played into a format that you can play without Walmart's proprietary software.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the help I will let you know what works!

Posts: 42 | Location: McKinney TX | Registered: June 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had that problem a couple of years ago, after Walmart did a company-wide upgrade of their security systems. Lack of the proper codec was the culprit. We had local PD get us the codec (They could play the videos on their computers, so they already had it.), and we installed it on all of our computers.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post