TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Feb. Investigator School Question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feb. Investigator School Question. Login/Join 
posted
I am currently a Criminal Investigator for the University of Texas at Arlington Police Department and want to attend the Investigator School Feb. 13-17, 2006. I see that there are several references in forum posts to this course being geared towards DA/CA investigators. Would this training also benefit someone in my position? I'm trying to convince my supervisor that the training is applicable and would benefit me.

(message cross-posted to Criminal section)

Posts: 53 | Location: Arlington TX USA | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The school is worth attending by all law enforcement. One of the most important aspects of the school is the networking with peace officers from all over the state. Also, we offer the mandatory training required by TCLEOSE. You also will get what it is like from our perspective when taking a case to actual trial after you have made the arrest. This will help you understand why and what we need to have a successful prosecution.

I hope to see you at the next school.

Phillip Martin
Ellis County District Attorney's Office

Posts: 11 | Location: Waxahachie, TX. USA | Registered: March 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I look forward to being there.

Posts: 53 | Location: Arlington TX USA | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post