TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    no show for punishment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

no show for punishment Login/Join 
posted
Had crook convicted in jury trial. Went to Judge for punishment. Judge ordered PSI and set punishment hearing about four weeks later. Crook didn't show. Judge had hearing and gave him 20 years. My question is what can I do to get a no bond warrant entered tcic/ncic? I did get a Judgement NISI warrant, but later found out the Judge didn't noitfy the bondsman about the punishment hearing. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Posts: 18 | Location: Haskell, Texas, USA | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I understand you correctly, he was found guilty, Judge ordered a PSI and released defendant? Once there is a finding of guilt, the bond is discharged and the judge should have ordered him into custody and conduct the PSI from the jail. Is he in custody now? If not, have the bondsman file an affidavit to surrender principal and obtain a warrant for a bond forfeiture. ????

Posts: 62 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would think you could get a warrant from the Court fo the execution of the judgment as the defendant is no longer entitled to bond. Warrant would have to be issued by the Court. In misd. cases our clerk has a "Fail to Appear to jail" warrant they use for when a def. is convicted and ordered to report to jail at a later time and then fails to appear and it is a no bond warrant for the execution of the misd. committment.

Posts: 3 | Location: Tyler, TX, USA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. We indicted him for Bail Jumping / Failure to Appear (38.10 Penal Code). The Judge put a no bond on the warrant. Thanks again.

Posts: 18 | Location: Haskell, Texas, USA | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post