TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Information Databases
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Information Databases Login/Join 
posted
Our office currently uses TLO for our information database, the office is possibly looking into switching over to CLEAR by Westlaw. The salesman is coming to the office this Thursday to throw his sales pitch. Seems like we had a Westlaw database we used back in 2007, could have been CLEAR, but if I remember it wasn't very accurate. Any thoughts or comments would be helpful. Gracias, Bob Bianchi

Posts: 5 | Location: Victoria, Texas 77901 | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob,

Sorry for the delayed response.

My thoughts run this way. If your office is willing and can afford it, two different databases with different capabilities is the best of both worlds. Cover all the bases that way. We are, unfortunately, a one database office, Accurint. While good, it is not all encompassing and misses some things that are handled by other sources. For awhile we used TLO, then made the switch. I thought TLO and Accurint were very similar (almost identical) in capability and information return. It has been a few years now since the switch, so that could have changed.

During the sales presentation it would be interesting to run a search on a particular subject using what you have now, and then simultaneously with CLEAR and compare the returned information.

Posts: 37 | Location: Dumas, Texas, USA | Registered: April 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post