TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Fingerprints on Judgments
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fingerprints on Judgments Login/Join 
posted
I talked to some folks about this a few weeks ago at the Investigator Conference in Austin, but wanted to get additional input:

Many courts are scanning their Judgments and then destroying the originals. Especially with the lower quality scanners, I have had TONS of problems trying to compare fingerprints for punishment. Once fingerprints are scanned, they become so "pixelated", that they are virtually useless. For those agencies that keep their originals, I usually have to request that they make an actual photocopy from the original Judgment.

I know there are other ways of proving up these Judgments, but this problem will only get worse in the future. Anyone had the same problem and/or any solutions?

Posts: 115 | Location: Denton, TX, USA | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have found that using a yellow transparency sheet between the fingerprint and the copier will in most cases keep the print clear and usable.

Posts: 10 | Registered: July 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have had to use multiple solutions to address this problem. We either make new copies from the original, if available, or retrieve the jail's book-in print card, or in the case of DWI type offenses we order certified driving records with the DL photo and fingerprints attached or last of all, we compare the signatures on the conviction paperwork to the one on the fingerprint card.

Posts: 11 | Location: Waxahachie, TX. USA | Registered: March 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post