TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Fannin County Deputy Killed in Weekend Collision
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fannin County Deputy Killed in Weekend Collision Login/Join 
posted
Fannin County Sheriff's Deputy Rahamy Mitchell died in the line of duty Sunday morning after losing control of this car on Highway 11. Members of the Fannin County Sheriff's Office remembered the co-worker and friend in a candlelight vigil Sunday night.

Fannin County Sheriff Kenneth Moore, a thirty-year law enforecement veteran, says he is dealing with unfamiliar emotions after one of his own died while on duty.

"No matter how tough we think we are, no matter how big a badge we carry or how big a pistol we carry, our lives are very fragile," Moore said.

Fammin County dispatch lost communication with Mitchell around 1:15 a.m., after he was responding to a disturbance in Ladonia.

Moore said Mitchell was thrown from his vehicle after hitting a slick spot on the road off Highwy 11 near Bailey. Mitchell died at the scene.

"I don't think it really hit me personally until I got there and saw my deputy," Moore said. "I think that's...I can't tell you what my emotions were because I'm not sure I know what they were."

Candles glowed outside the Sheriff's Office in Bonham Sunday night, illuminating the grief-stricken faces of people shocked by what happened.

Posts: 62 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post