TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    P.C.I Applications
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P.C.I Applications Login/Join 
posted
I have been informed that if there is anyone wanting to be awarded a Professional Criminal Investigator (PCI)award, applications need to be into TDCAA by this Friday, Jan 11th. This is to give their office enough time to get the awards ready to be given out in Feb.

If there are any nominations for the Chuck Dennis award, those applications need to be into TDCAA by Jan 11th as well.

Posts: 55 | Location: Palestine, Tx | Registered: February 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are the requirements for the P.C.I.?

Posts: 3 | Location: Lockhart, TX | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The requirements for the P.C.I. can be obtained from TDCAA offices.

Posts: 55 | Location: Palestine, Tx | Registered: February 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone on the Board should have the requirement guidelines to apply for the PCI. Haven't some changes been made recently? There are a lot of new investigators around the state that are not familiar with this certificate. I thought the guidelines and application were on this website, but I was not able to locate them. Is it too late for someone to apply now and still receive their PCI at the Investigator's School in February?

Posts: 62 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may contact me at spu_willis@yahoo.com and I will forward the information to you. Due to the time restraints in gettng the certificates prepared, applications for the Feb conference has closed. However, those interested in obtaining the P.C.I. can still do so now for the Annual in Sept.

posted Hide Post
The standards for certification as revised and approved Oct 18th, 2007 will be compiled and filled out by the elected prosecutor employing the applicant.

A: Applicant is a TCLEOSE licensed/certified Officer and has been employed FULL time by an Elected County/ District/or Criminal District Attorney as a(n) Investigator/Criminal Investigator with the following years of service: A minimum of eight (8) years full time employment if holding an Advanced Certificate with TCLEOSE or five (5) years full time employment if holding a Masters Certificate with TCLEOSE. Attach copy of appropriate TCLEOSE license. The years of service can be accumulated years of service with any County, District, or Criminal District Attorney�s office.

B: Applicant is a current member in good standing of the Investigator�s section of TDCAA

C: Applicant is employed, full time, by the undersigned as a(n) Investigator/Criminal Investigator and is not involved in any outside investigative work.

D: Applicant shall be allowed to attend the TDCAA Investigator�s Conference each year, or obtain the equivalent number of hours in other courses certified by TDCAA and approved by TCLEOSE training credits

EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION

1. All applicants must be recommended by the COUNTY/DISTRICT/CRIMINAL DISTRICT ATTORNEY where he/she is employed FULL TIME

2: All applicants must have received the following with years of service:
FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT WITH A COUNTY/DISTRICT/CRIMINAL DISTRICT ATTORNEY
A minimum of eight (8) years full time employment with the appropriate elected prosecuting attorney if holding an Advanced Certificate with TCLEOSE or five (5) years full time employment with the appropriate elected prosecuting attorney if holding a Masters Certificate with TCLEOSE. Attach copy of appropriate TCLEOSE license and employment documentation. The years of service can be accumulated years of service with any County, District, or Criminal District Attorney�s office.

MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS:

1. All applicants must be current members of the Investigator Section of the Texas District and County Attorney�s Association (TDCAA). Failure to pay dues and attend TDCAA functions may be taken into consideration by the review Committee

2. Applicants shall not be involved in any outside investigative work, such as accident investigations, divorce, bail bonds, etc

posted Hide Post
Thanks Joe-

TDCAA office sent me an email this morning with the requirements-

See you in Corpus.

LJ

Posts: 3 | Location: Lockhart, TX | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P.C.I. application is now on the TDCAA website. Go to the search area, located at the top right portion of the website and type in P.C.I. application. Click on the link and then download the application. Applications can be mailed directly to me at P.O. Box 2024, Palestine, Texas 75802.