TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Investigators    Example of Search Warrant to Cell Phone Co. for pics/video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Example of Search Warrant to Cell Phone Co. for pics/video Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have an example of a search warrant to a cellular phone company for pics and video? I have sent a preservation letter to hold the records, but I would like an example to go by for the search warrant. I have a perv sending pics and video to a 15 yoa female.

Thanks in advance

Cary Beason
Investigator
Milam Co. District Attorney

Posts: 2 | Location: Cameron, Texas | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do they want a subpoena or a court order ?
I can send you either but most cell companies want a "court order" and not a subpoena for pics, vids, emails and text.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a court order for historical cell phone data and cell phone tower information for this cell phone. They won't give the pictures, video or voice mail messages that are stored on thier server without a warrant. I am hoping for an example to go by otherwise I am going to have to make it from scratch.

Posts: 2 | Location: Cameron, Texas | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I e-mailed you our format for such warrants. Hope they help.

Posts: 261 | Location: Lampasas, Texas, USA | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are also some forms related to cell phones in Tom Bridges/Ted Wilson's book on Search and Seizure by TDCAA

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have an example of a cell content court order (picture, text messages...). Also, does anyone have an example of a cell search warrant? Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent both to your email. Let me know if you need something different.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't attended this course, but I've heard some positive feedback.

http://www.patc.com/training/detail.php?ID=7774

Posts: 60 | Location: Austin, TX US | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received a request for a cell phone search warrant from one of our PDs. I would appreciate it if someone could send us one to staff@33districtattorney.com Thanks in advance.

Posts: 109 | Location: Llano, TX USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can someone please email me a go buy for a cell phone search warrant.

mturner@ci.nederland.tx.us

Matt Turner
Jefferson County Narcotics Task Force

Posts: 3 | Location: Jefferson County Texas | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post