TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    Vexatious Litigants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vexatious Litigants Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone successfully had a criminal defendant designated a vexatious litigant? I have one currently that's appealed a protective order, filed an interlocutory appeal for a pretrial ruling that's not ripe for interlocutory relief, and has appealed his traffic citations to the 10th COA. Any guidance would be appreciated!

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 11 of the Civil Practice and Remedies Code seems to be strictly for civil proceedings. I was successful in getting an vexatious litigant designation order while I was in private practice but that was a guy making bogus breach of contract claims in multiple counties against one person who refused to sell a truck when the buyer wanted to give a hot check to hold for later payment. However, if you can find a way to apply it to criminal matters let me know. We have a defendant who has filed 67 post conviction writ applications under art. 11.07 CCP so far. Fortunately the CCA entered a sec. 4 order about 60 writ applications ago.

Posts: 109 | Location: Llano, TX USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post