TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    Law prof gets conviction reversed (her's that is)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Law prof gets conviction reversed (her's that is) Login/Join 
posted
Anybody notice the Dallas Court's holding that (1) aggravated assault by threat with d/w and (2) aggravated assault by B/i with a d/w, are two separate penal offenses al la Vick.

I always worried that Vick would get out of hand. Anyone convinced by the Dallas court's opinion?

Dolkart v. State, --- S.W.3d ----, 2006 WL 2062896 at *6 (Tex.App.-Dallas July 26, 2006)("After reviewing the language of the statute and applicable law, we conclude assault by threat and assault by injury are different statutory offenses, not just two manner and means of committing a single offense of aggravated assault.").

http://courtstuff.com/cgi-bin/as_web.exe?c05topin.ask+D+501689

Posts: 527 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas, | Registered: May 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It bothers me legally and from the public perception. Could appear that one of our own is given a break. I am not sure I really understand where the legal analysis is heading.

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post