TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    Today's C.C.A. handdowns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today's C.C.A. handdowns Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have any information on why the C.C.A.'s handdowns for today are not posted on its website yet?

Posts: 40 | Location: Edinburg, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: June 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because they're trying to torture me as I wait on three cases of mine. Wink

The website's been a lot of trouble for the last few weeks at least. And then sometimes they just don't have a hand-down for a particular week, although there's usually at least orders if not opinions.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it because it is San Jacinto day?

JM

Posts: 14 | Location: El Paso, TX, U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good point. Sure enough, it's listed on the state holiday list.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I went to a meeting at the Capitol complex yesterday and there was plenty of kvetching from some state staff about having to work on a "skeleton crew" holiday.

Wah wah wah ...

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why does a single holiday in the middle of a five day work week prevent the Court from issuing any opinions? On occasions, the Court releases opinions on multiple days of the same week.

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of us remember when you only got an opinion by waiting for the packet in the mail. By using stamps. Remember stamps?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But don't we expect more, quicker, and better now we have computers and the internet? Isn't that the raison d'etre of them? (I thought a little bad French appropriate). That said, the Court redeemed itself this week!

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, they didn't, Stride. They still haven't issued any of my cases! Wink

I think I recall stamps. You can get ones that say "received", or "copy", or other cool stuff like that. Right?

[This message was edited by AndreaW on 04-28-10 at .]

posted Hide Post
Alas, no Andrea opinions again! But, remarkably, when I went to the handdowns at 9:00 am today they came up immediately. I hope this a new trend.

posted Hide Post
It's a conspiracy against me. Alas.

I was also able to retrieve it immediately, so that's a good sign!

[This message was edited by AndreaW on 05-05-10 at .]

posted Hide Post
I was actually able to retrieve this week's before 9, so that's impressive.

Alas, nothing of mine yet again...

posted Hide Post
An oversight, I'm sure.

posted Hide Post
You guys have some fascinating topics on here. Really.

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really cerebral stuff!

BTW Everything was quiet at the CCA today--nothing handed down. But I'm left wondering why it is that the intermediate courts haven't caught onto the concept of the summer recess!

[This message was edited by John A. Stride on 08-18-10 at .]

posted Hide Post
Bite your tongue! I actually like that all of my cases don't go into limbo over the summer.

posted Hide Post
Profuse bleeding!

posted Hide Post
How about those Cowboys?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post