TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    Examples of Motion for Rehearing?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Examples of Motion for Rehearing? Login/Join 
posted
Does anybody have any advice, on or examples of, a Motion for Rehearing under TRAP 49 they can share? There's a issue that we'd like the 11th CoA to take one more look at in a case, but I've never asked for a rehearing and am a little uncertain of what the form and content should be.

Posts: 21 | Registered: January 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
check out the State's Appellate Manual. There is a chapter on motions for rehearing that has some examples. Key points to remember are maintining a respectful tone and concentrating on issues the Court can fix, IMO. It is hard to say "you are wrong" in a nice way, but that is what you need to do. What I look for in a rehearing is facts they overlooked in the record and other, controlling statutes or cases that their opinion violates. There are other errors, of course, but those seem to me the best type to fix this way.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll do that. Thanks to the response I got via email as well.

Posts: 21 | Registered: January 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post