TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    Medrano--one for our side!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medrano--one for our side! Login/Join 
posted
Okay, there are several things I thought we couldn't appeal that we might be able to do now that we have Medrano. Hooray for our side! Congrats to John Davis and his appellate team in El Paso!

[This message was edited by John Rolater on 02-08-02 at .]

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it is better to focus our energy at the voting polls rather than in the Legislature. Most of the damage done to criminal law has happened in the Court of Criminal Appeals. The fixes for that damage have come from both the Legislature and now the Court of Criminal Appeals.

I am a big Cathy Cochran fan, and she makes it easy to prove why week after week. Writing the majority for Medrano is just one more example.

John Bradley
District Attorney
Williamson County, Texas

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Davis and his team do a great job. But the credit for Medrano goes to my esteemed colleague Betty Marshall. She has been on top of this issue since Baird wrote Roberts in 1996. No one listened to her MFR then, of course. But now, with Cochran on the court, truth and justice have prevailed.

By the way, John R., great job on Wednesday.

Posts: 13 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please tell Betty I'm sorry, and thanks! Welcome to the forums.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post