TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    SPA: Betty Marshall
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPA: Betty Marshall Login/Join 
posted
In case you have not heard, Betty Marshall-- Assistant State Prosecuting Attorney--is retiring at the end of the month. The State is going to lose one of its greatest appellate advocates. She has been the State's voice in many cases. One case everyone will know is Kelly on the admission of scientific evidence.

Betty served as a briefing attorney to then Justice John Hill on the Second Court of Appeals, as an appellate attorney (latterly as the co-chief) in the Tarrant County DA's Office, and, of course, in the State Prosecuting Attorney's Office.

Fifteen years ago, I had the privilege of Betty supervising me in Tarrant County. It was a pleasure to work with her and she was always willing to share her knowledge and skill. One of her special talents was writing briefs that the appellate courts virtually adopted as their opinions.

When Betty moved to the SPA's office, Tarrant County's loss was the whole State's gain. Many of you will know her personally and others from her speaking or assistance. But however you know her, she has always been there to assist on or explain any legal issue.

Thank you Betty for everything you have done as an advocate in the criminal justice system. We will miss you. Good luck in "retirement."

[This message was edited by John Stride on 08-11-05 at .]

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree wholeheartedly. She has been a valuable resource to me. She was always there to help and treated people with such respect and friendship. I too wish her well in her retirement. God Bless and thank you.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post