TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    Anders brief response
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anders brief response Login/Join 
posted
I just received an brief intitled "Anders Brief" in a very nasty agg sexual assault of a child case that pleaded guilty (open plea and three day sentencing hearing) and was sentenced to life. I don't do many appeals but I always thought an Anders brief was a form of throwing in the towell so to speak. But in this thing counsel argues ineffective assistance of counsel in not fleshing out mental illness and in not objecting to my wonderful (I am deeply hurt) closing argument.

My question is to what extent I need to reply to what seems to me "form" arguments. Does anyone have a response to an Anders brief I could plagerize and otherwise steal. I promise I will do my own work but I don't particularly want to re-invent the wheel either...thanks all

Posts: 130 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sending you an email.

Posts: 8 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post