TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Appellate    is it moot?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

is it moot? Login/Join 
posted
Have a juvenile appeal that is based on the question of whether the court had the proper authority to commit juvenile to TYC. (asserted the 54.05(k) applied, but actually 54.05(f) applied) Briefs have been filed for sometime but case has not been submitted. I recently rec'd notice juvenile is scheduled to be released on 12/13/2005. Once she is released does the issue become moot and, if so, do I file anything in the court. I sent them the notice that she was scheduled for release.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I've seen this issue in Dawson's book but someone has run off with my copy of Dawson's.
While I am searching for my copy you might consider posting this question on the juvi forum because most of the juvi prosecutors I know have to do their own appeals Big Grin

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Re Rodriguez 687 SW2d 421 and
In Re T.E.B. not reported Texarkana 1999

I haven't read these recently but found their sites in notes for a brief on a similar issue

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post