TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Tampering or forgery?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tampering or forgery? Login/Join 
posted
I have had a question. Suspect is using real DLs, SS cards, birth certificates, etc., making a scan and then using Photoshop or similar program to alter the data. He then prints out the revised version and submits it as a genuine photocopy when sending away for copies of other governmental records from other states. Is this forgery or tampering with a govermental record.

All comments will be appreciated.

Janette A

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they are not his own personal (issued to him) DLs, SS cards, birth certificates, etc. then maybe:

32.51. FRAUDULENT USE OR POSSESSION OF IDENTIFYING INFORMATION

[This message was edited by AlexLayman on 07-10-08 at .]

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
32.22 CRIMINAL SIMULATION.

37.10 TAMPERING WITH GOVERNMENTAL RECORD.

Plain old FORGERY would probably work but the statute is written with very broad language so it is harder for a layman like me to keep a good grasp of the whole rule and the various exceptions and when it is what level of offense. The others are easier to chew.

I hope the links above will be helpful to someone with something more useful to say.

[This message was edited by AlexLayman on 07-10-08 at .]

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post