TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Voice of the Defense Article
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Voice of the Defense Article Login/Join 
posted
A rural prosecutor in Texas has contacted our Breath Testing Bureau for assistance in dealing with the defendant's expert in an upcoming DWI trial--specifically, James Booker. She is looking for a copy of the Voice for the Defense article Booker published in the January/February 1997 issue of Voice for the Defense titled "The Intoxilyzer 5000's Patent: A Technical Description of an Unworkable Device?". Do any of you fine prosecutors out there have a copy? If so, e-mail me at janette.ansolabehereATtxdps.state.tx.us and give me your contact info so I can pass it along to the prosecutor. I also suggested that Mack (Cowan) (now the Scientific Director for Breath Testing) suggest that she check the TDCAA Forum on Expert Witnesses for some leads on Booker, and also to contact Clay Abbott for assistance.

Thanks,

Janette Ansolabehere
DPS

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to thank Richard Alpert for providing me the requested article plus three more. They are on the way to the prosecutor.

Janette Ansolabehere
DPS

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post