TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    The new Foundation brochure
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The new Foundation brochure Login/Join 
posted
I received the new TDCAF brochure in the mail yesterday, featuring a story of a champion of justice, who we know as Travis County Assistant District Attorney Allison Wetzel.

It is very fitting that Allison be featured in this brochure touting the ability of the TDCAA to educate it's prosecutors to effectively fight crime.

I know Allison did alot to help me when I first began prosecuting crimes against children, and I'm sure she has helped alot of other prosecutors around the state through her CLE lectures given for the TDCAA.

But Alison also took the time with me to talk with me on the phone and via email about difficult cases I inherited when I took over that caseload. Even though I was an experienced prosecutor at the time, her help, and that of the prosecutors working in her division like Mindy Montford, Barrett Hanson and Anna Leigh McNelis, was instrumental in helping me and our office achieve justice for many young victims of crime. Likewise, Susie Morton at Fort Bend took alot of time to help me learn her cutting edge techniques of prosecuting these types of cases.

When I read anti-law enforcement bloggers trashing prosecutors and the work we do, it gives me great pride to know I am in the same profession with such dedicated professionals like Allison and Susie. And that our organizations, the TDCAA and the TDCAF, are there for us to help us do the right thing for crime victims.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know. A picture of Greg McDreamy Gilleland, might've been more effective. Wink

But I concur with everything else Greg says.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not hardly. No photos, please. Not even in my Ken's Cap on a coffee mug.

But seriously, you know Newell, the dedicated folks we work with and the association folks really deserve a shout out every now and then for the excellent work they do. For every crook we get off the streets, the association is due some credit.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I totally agree! And all kidding aside, the brochure is very effective and moving.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree 100 percent. And a shout-out to Allison for sharing this story with all of us -- I teared up more than once thinking about this poor kiddo whose grandfather was such a monster!

Posts: 41 | Location: Austin, TX USA | Registered: January 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't usually quote Ronnie Earle, but perhaps the best quote ever made about being a prosecutor was made by him on December 14th, 2007, in an article announcing his impending retirement.

"That's because the bottom line of this job is that if it doesn't lead toward justice for the children, it is not justice at all."

I have that quote on my wall, because it inspires me. For those who don't know, Allison is a pioneer in the area of aggressive child abuse prosecution and Ronnie has been her boss for her 20+ year career.

posted Hide Post
The best way to let Emily (the executive director) know that you like the pamphlet is to actually donate to the Foundation on behalf of someone you love or admire.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post