TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Renewal Motion/Orders for Inpatient Commitment 46C.261
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Renewal Motion/Orders for Inpatient Commitment 46C.261 Login/Join 
posted
As the Subject says - does anyone have a copy of a motion and order requesting renewal of commitment.

I know the new Mental Defense book might have the form and I own it - but I lent it out and can not get it back at the moment. (Lendee on Vacation.)

Thanks for any help.

Posts: 128 | Location: TX | Registered: March 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am running to lunch but will look at my forms immediately thereafter.

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I found a renewal motion - note that 46C.261 includes a host of variables, i.e. whether the request comes from the facility or the State, requires a medical certificate done within the past 30 days, etc. I haven't located the order -as I think I modified the original the last time a judge asked for one, but note that here too there are variables, i.e. whether in-patient or out-patient, there should be a LRA (least-restrictive alternative) statement somewhere, you will need orders to transport as well. Contact me back channel and I will email or fax it to you. jenn@wt.net, or voice mail 713 551-9604

I forgot to say that the medical certificate needs to be modified slightly from your regular MH certificate - maybe I have one..

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post