TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Aggravated Perjury - Materiality Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aggravated Perjury - Materiality Question Login/Join 
posted
I have an already indicted agg perjury case where a defendant was under oath on two separate occasions on bond reduction hearings in front of the judge. The first time he said he was in a gang and the second time he said he was not in a gang and had never been in a gang. I have the lie part covered. My question is - how do I prove the materiality?
Who do I call as a witness or what evidence do I need to put on to show it was material if this for some reason were to go to trial?

Posts: 5 | Registered: February 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the past, we have simply made the judge from the hearing a witness and he testified on the issue of materiality. Presumably, the judge found the membership in a gang a relevant fact for setting bail. Obviously, the same judge can't be that witness and hear the perjury case.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help.

Posts: 5 | Registered: February 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post