TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam Login/Join 
posted
The Virginia Supreme Court declared the state's anti-spam law unconstitutional today and reversed the conviction of a man once considered one of the world's most prolific spammers.

The court unanimously agreed with Jeremy Jaynes' argument that the law violates the free-speech protections of the First Amendment because it does not just restrict commercial e-mails. Most other states also have anti-spam laws, and there is a federal CAN-SPAM Act as well.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am that rarity, I suppose: a Texas prosecutor who is opposed to capital punishment in most cases.

But I am not an absolute abolitionist: in rare cases I think it is justified, and very necessary. Commercial spammers, I believe, fall into that category.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was Brumley one of the Judges?

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, my doctor has placed me on a strict dietary abstinence program involving foods that are packed in gelatin. I was expecting a call to serve as a creative consultant, though, which never came. Frown

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post