TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Ride to the sound of the guns...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ride to the sound of the guns... Login/Join 
posted
I just finished a training session with fifty officers. I explained the proposed legislation on consent searches and probation reform and told them if they thought the legislation was a bad idea, to email the Governor and tell him so.

If you agree that a veto of these is the right thing, muster the troops. Most of my officers today had no idea what was coming. I told them to jump on the internet and take a moment to let Governor Perry know what they thought about these proposals. If the Governor could waive a few thousand emails on the subject it would make it much easier for him to veto the bills. If each of you would commit to calling or emailing five friends with your concerns, this train could be turned around yet.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suggest e-mailing your local police chiefs and the Sheriff and included a copy of the bill and any letter your have written to the Governor. That makes it easier for them to read the law and know the issues.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<notalawyer>
posted
You're assuming, of course, that the governor gives a flip what the officers think. I have my doubts.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy there, hoss. No need to diss the governor. There has been no indication the governor won't consider the position of law enforcement. Go ahead, write that letter.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<notalawyer>
posted
Well, I do seem to remember a video during the first election of him being unkind to a female trooper.

But I am not against the man. I happen to like him most of the time, and in order to give credit where credit is due I will share this good thing he has done.

CPS Reform Bill Signed
Anabelle Garay , Associated Press Writer
In a room adorned with a large toy Barney and dozens of other stuffed animals, Gov. Rick Perry on Tuesday signed into law a plan to revamp the state�s protective services for children and adults.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post