TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    The Tumor Defense
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Tumor Defense Login/Join 
posted
For the absolute latest in criminal defense to the death penalty, read about the new Tumor Defense.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess we can prepare for the CAT Scans Writs.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will this lead to surgery as a sentence?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The Legislature has already authorized voluntary orchiectomies (chemical castration) for sex offender inmates -- are lobotomies next?

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember Dr. Strangelove's hand? Couldn't control it. Perhaps amputation was in order.

Shanon, I could be wrong, but I don't think an orchiectomy is a chemical solution. I think there is an actual surgical removal of the jewels, if you know what I mean.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
John, you are correct -- for those of you who are curious, an orchiectomy is "the surgical removal of one or both testes," acc. to Dictionary.com, and Gov't Code Sec. 501.061 speaks specifically to that surgery.

(I think the chemical part came from a bill filed last regular session -- it's all starting to blur together ...)

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This article is a perfect example of people who don't understand statistics, cause and effect, and that a few anecdotal stories doesn't extrapolate to mean "all criminals must have brain tumors."

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind Art. 37.07 sec. 3(h), that the removal of the unmentionables is unmentionable. From reading it, though, it looks like if the defendant already went through the orchiectomy, rather than that he plans to, that you can talk about it!

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post