Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last Words Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mississippi Execution

Jackson, called "Curtis" by his family, was the fourth person executed this year in the state and the 19th person executed in the nation.

He did not request a last meal and ate none of the standard dinner offered to him, corrections officials said. He also declined a sedative ahead of the execution.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Idaho

Richard Leavitt, auto mechanic, father, husband and convicted murderer was put to death this morning by the State of Idaho at approximately 10:25 a.m.

The Ada County coroner declared that Leavitt was dead after two syringes, each containing 2.5 grams of Pentobarbital, sent the lethal chemical through his veins, first shutting down his respiration, knocking him unconscious and ultimately causing respiratory collapse. Cardiac arrest and death soon followed.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mississippi soon to follow?

Brawner admitted to the killings during his trial and said he didn't deserve to live after shooting his daughter, his ex-wife and former in-laws.

"As far as life, I don't feel that I deserve life to live," he said during his trial.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Done.

In his final statement, Brawner said he wished to apologize to the victim’s family, but could not change what he had done. “Maybe this will bring you a little peace. Thank you,” he said as he lay strapped to a gurney.

Details.

posted Hide Post
South Dakota

"Victims of non-capital offenses receive their justice when the perpetrator is placed in custody. Victims in capital cases receive their justice when the perpetrator is executed. Give the Ron Johnson family their justice, they have been forced to wait too long. I finish where I started — I deserve to die," he said, alluding to a statement he read during his trial that started with "I deserve to die."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Mississippi

Simmons "said he made peace with God and that he was remorseful," Mississippi Department of Corrections Commissioner Chris Epps said at a news conference ahead of the execution.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Arizona

Samuel Lopez, who stabbed a Phoenix woman to death in 1986, was executed today at the Arizona State Prison Complex-Florence, three days before his 50th birthday.

Lopez had no last words.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Texas

Asked by the warden if he wanted to make a statement, he said: "I'd like to tell my family that I love y'all and I wish y'all well. I'm ready."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Selwyn P. Davis, sentenced to death by a Travis County jury for the 2006 Austin murder of his girlfriend’s mother, was found dead in his cell on Texas’ death row last week, according to a spokesman for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

Details.

posted Hide Post
"Y'all do understand that I came here a sinner and leaving a saint," he said. "Take me home Jesus, take me home Lord, take me home Lord!"

Details.

posted Hide Post
Arizona

Cook's last words were an apology to the victims' families.
"I'd like to say sorry to the victim's family. I know that's not enough... (significant pause)... Where am I? To my lawyers, thank you. Red Robin, yum. I'm done. I love you".
Swaney's sister said the apology was "hollow."
Swaney's brother, Sean Stewart, apologized to his siblings before saying with choked tears, "I felt sorry for him."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Wilson was the seventh inmate executed in the state this year and the latest in a long line of convicts whose last words have been preserved for posterity by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

Published on the department’s website, the inmates’ last prayers, apologies and insults form a 30-year database of grief and outrage, studded with protests of innocence and requests for absolution. Taken together, they form a kind of gallows poetry in verses both long and short.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Oklahoma

"I ask that my spirit be released directly into the hands of Jesus. I'm ready to go," he said, then turned to family members, including his mother, brother and grandfather, and smiled as the drugs began to flow at 6:08 p.m.

"I love you all," he said, then deeply exhaled and closed his eyes. Minutes later, he lay motionless.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Back to Texas

"I'm going home. I'm going home," Harris said. "Don't worry about me. I'll be alright. God bless, and the Texas Rangers, Texas Rangers."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Japan

A faith healer who beat six followers to death was hanged on Sept. 27, making her only the fourth woman to be executed in Japan since 1950, the Justice Ministry said.

Sachiko Eto, 65, was one of two convicted murderers put to death, taking to seven the number of executions carried out this year.

Details.

posted Hide Post
South Dakota

Robert had no expression on his face. Asked if he had a last statement, Robert said: "In the name of justice and liberty and mercy, I authorize and forgive Warden Douglas Weber to execute me for the crimes. It is done."

Details.

posted Hide Post
“I know that I took somebody special from y’all,” he said as Haupt’s father stood a few feet away, watching through a window. “I know it wasn’t right, it was wrong. I wish I could give it back, but I know I can’t.

Details.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JB,

posted Hide Post
South Dakota, again

It can’t be real, thought Albers, whose years as county sheriff had taught him well about the ugly side of humanity. This was somebody’s sick sense of humor. This was so implausible that before he called in any crime scene investigators, he felt compelled to do something seasoned law enforcement like himself never do.

He walked into the crime scene and reached out to it with his hand.

Details.

posted Hide Post
When asked if he had any last words, Moeller replied, "No sir," and then said, "They're my fan club?"

posted Hide Post
"I'm really sorry. I never meant to cause you all so much pain," Roberts said to Bowen's father, who was seated in a chair close to a glass window in the death chamber viewing area. "I hope you can go on with your life.

"I loved your daughter. I hope to God he lets me see her in heaven so I can apologize to her and see her and tell her."

Details.