TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Need eyewitness expert witness
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need eyewitness expert witness Login/Join 
posted
I need an expert witness who specializes in the area of eyewitness ID. Preferably in the central Texas area but anywhere in Texas is great.

Thanks

[This message was edited by GG on 03-12-07 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a listserve of forensic psychologists (of which I am a member). I put out a blinded request for suggestions of experts who have published in this area, and will forward same. I should receive a response(s) today.

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, it's an hour or so later: Here is what I have been given.

Chris Meissner and Roy Malpass are both at the University of Texas at El Paso. (They are academicians who have published in this area.)

Outside of Texas:
Brian Cutler (UNC � Charlotte)
Sol Fulero (Sinclair College)
Steve Clark (UC Riverside)
Steve Penrod (John Jay)

Steve Rubenzer of Houston also emailed to say he does eyewitness testimony.

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Floyd. BTW, I gave a reference on you today to some prosecutors. Of course, it reflected your inate ability to speak the truth on the stand and your extreme knowledge of your subject area.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. This eyewitness deal has expanded, I just received an excel file of a list of eyewitness experts from across the nation, compiled, I as was told " by the Public Defender Service (PDS) in Washington, DC. This list was last updated (to my knowledge) in December of 2006." If you, or any others need it, contact me back channel and I will provide it. It is about 3+ pages with names, addresses, academic affiliations, phone numbers and faxes.