TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Failure to Report Accident?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Failure to Report Accident? Login/Join 
posted
I have a case where the guy ran up a guy wire on a residential street, snapped the wire, and then drove home. We found him the next day. Although probably DWI (but unprovable), my cops wanted to go Transp Code 550.022. The problem is, I don't think the statute requires him to give info to the "guy wire owner" and definitely not the police. There was no other vehicle involved, noone "injured in the collision". Am I right? So if a guy runs through your fence and keeps going, no criminal obligation to tell anyone? as long as no one is hurt? Thanks for any help. This doesn't meet the "fixture or highway landscaping" under 550.025 because its a residential street, I don't believe.

Posts: 59 | Location: Anson, Texas, USA | Registered: November 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Transp Code 541.302(5) defines "highway" as pretty much any public road so looks like we can go with 550.025. sorry to trouble anyone.

Posts: 59 | Location: Anson, Texas, USA | Registered: November 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post