TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Texas Sized Egg on Face
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Sized Egg on Face Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnR:
And I don't want to hear none of youse guys trying to do your Geddy Lee impersonation, either.

You should see Newell doing his Geddy impression. Maybe he'll do it at his next lecture.

Nothing wrong with thread hijacking, J. It's as american as, well, raiding a compound where underage girls are forced into marriage and pregnancy in the name of pedophilia masked by tortured scripture interpretation. If you recall, the last time I hijacked a thread, it led to a dissertation of why the various members of the Starr family were worthy of note. I think this thread is far more interesting.

My favorite Rush song you ask? Working Man, if that is the name of that song.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd have to go with Tom Sawyer or Limelight.

(Of course the only album I own is 'Spirit of the Radio'.)

Although "The Trees" might apply well to this thread.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phillip--
Then you've probably never heard the drum solo "Rhythm Method" (IMHO, Neal Peart is the best drummer, like, EVER! Uh, that is, next to GG, of course). Anyway, that solo rocks the house.

In that vein, this is just adorable:
drum prodigy

[This message was edited by Gretchen on 04-25-08 at .]

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone allegedly tried to give my twins some drums. Their abandoned car was found with a fish in the front seat. Allegedly. The kid is pretty good, but as a parent I'd die first.

My RUSH playlist on Itunes: Freewill, Spirit of Radio, Red Barchetta, Trees.

But really, it is all about ignore.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Court: State Wrong To Take Polygamist Sect Kids
15 Sect Mothers Wrongly In Foster Care

POSTED: 12:52 pm EDT May 22, 2008
UPDATED: 1:39 pm EDT May 22, 2008

SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP)-- An appeals court ruled Thursday that the state of Texas had no right to seize hundreds of children from a polygamous sect.

The Third Court of Appeals in Austin, Texas, ruled that the grounds for removing the children were "legally and factually insufficient" under Texas law.

Child welfare officials removed the children on the grounds that the sect pushed underage girls into marriage and sex and trained boys to be grown-up predators.

The appellate court ruled the chaotic hearing held last month did not demonstrate the children were in any immediate danger, the only measure of taking children from their homes without court proceedings.

The ruling comes the same day as authorities learned that half the mothers in the sect that Texas child welfare authorities put in foster care as children have now been declared adults.

Attorneys for Child Protective Services say 15 of the 31 mothers are adults. One is actually 27.

Another girl listed as an underage mother is 14, but the state has conceded she is not pregnant and does not have a child.

The underage mothers had been cited as evidence that the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints committed widespread sexual abuse of girls.

State officials raided a ranch run by a polygamist sect in west Texas. Their contention that abuse was widespread led to the removal of more than 460 children.

http://www.nbc4.com/family/16363534/detail.html

Posts: 79 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post