TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DWI Probation Revokation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DWI Probation Revokation Login/Join 
posted
My name's Tyler and I'm a student @ UTSA. I was unfortunate enough to have been charged with a DWI back in January and have been going to probation for four months now. I have ignition interlock for 1 yr and have completed my comm. service (on time), have paid my court fines (on time). I have submitted two clean "UA tests".
Recently nearly late to work, I washed my mouth out with mouthwash and then with water and waited a few minutes, as the servicemen at the interlock company said I should do if I were to eat or have somethign in my mouth containing alcohol, such as bread or mouthwash.
However, when I breathed in the machine, it failed and locked me out of my car. I got a ride to work, was late, but my manager at Banana Republic was very empathetic and wrote a letter to the judge stating that I was not in fact under the influence of alcohol, nor have I ever been to his knowledge when I have came into work.
Now, an MTR has been filed, as is procedure, and I must hire an attorney and post bond and go to court. I'm only twenty, I'm a student in summer school, and this is really consuming my mind. I have been trying SO hard and been so good and then mouthwash...I have no idea WHAT to do or if there is any way the judge (De Hoyos CC#11) will dismiss this infraction. Anybody have any idea what I'm looking at?

Posts: 1 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We cannot and do not give legal advice to citizens.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The following notice is posted on the first page of these forums. We prosecutors use these forums for discussion with attorneys from around the State. Please follow the advice in the notice below:

Welcome to the TDCAA Bulletin Boards. The discussions in these user forums are for the benefit of prosecutors and their staff members, although we welcome relevant and appropriate input from other members of the criminal justice and government lawyer community. These forums are NOT a source of legal advice for citizens. Call the State Bar of Texas (1-800-204-2222) for information on seeking legal advice.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever survived a Daubert/Frye hearing on an interlock failure ? I looked in Richard's book but couldn't find anything and the interlock company is no help. Their "expert" is a former probation officer ! Of course the defense is that the perp was using mouthwash Roll Eyes

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are told not to use mouthwash.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But then how does one wash the odor of booze out of one's mouth? Really unfair of those probation conditions to put people in a no-win situation!

{Not a comment to original poster, just a comment about the "mouthwash" excuses I have seen.}

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, JB, I know but thats not going to help me in the suppression with whether the instrument is reliable.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post