TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    New Prosecutor CHL
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Prosecutor CHL Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You said it better than I did, R.W. I have had some LE training, and I also shot competitively for a few years in the 90's. I shoot often. Yet, even I think I could use more LE training.

The history of law enforcement shootings is replete with both good and bad examples of shooting as you are trained and reverting to your training under stress. What RW says is why LE moved long ago to reality based training.

Shooting behind cover. Conflict avoidance. Effective shooting. Awareness of bullet penetration.

Again, I'm not talking about going out and being joe cop or trying to enforce the law. I'm simply talking about self-preservation, and if you think that CHL training or your hunting/sportsman experience is sufficient to prepare you for a deadly encounter, you're flat wrong.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post