TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Parks & Wildlife Violations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parks & Wildlife Violations Login/Join 
posted
I've got a poaching case. P&W Sec. 61.022. Pursuant to Sec. 12.5015, upon conviction for that offense the Court is required to "set a period of not less than one year and not more than five years during which the department may not issue that person a license, tag, or stamp . . ."

Has anyone prepared such an order before? I always like to ask before re-inventing the wheel.

Thanks!

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked the TPWD files and discovered that this is usually handled by adding a sentence to the judgment/sentence or probation order, as applicable. It is sometimes written in by hand, and is usually some variation on "defendant's hunting and fishing licenses are suspended for a period of five years." Sometimes "revoked" is used instead of "suspended." One version simply said the defendant was prohibited from obtaining a Texas hunting or fishing license for five years. None of this language exactly tracks the statute, but our staff knows what is meant when we see one of these.

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to hear that it's as easy as that. Thanks for the help!

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post