TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    polygraph
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

polygraph Login/Join 
posted
I need some advice on entering pre polygraph questions and answers during a trial, this is a new area for me any advice would be greatly appreciated. Jen

Posts: 7 | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a bunch of threads discussing the topic that you can find here on the website.

Try here: quick similiar question and answer

Martin is pretty reliable when he starts giving out case law. Always go read his citations, they tend to be very helpful.

As a direct answer:
I'd simply interview the witness as if they were the investigating officer. Who are you? What are your qualifications for interviewing subjects in criminal investigations. Did you interview the defendant? During your interview did you discuss any criminal actions the defendant may or may not have committed? Please explain.

Or if your judge gets all tweaky, direct the witness as if you were simply talking to a third party confession sponsor.

Have you spoken to Ali Baba?
Do you see Ali Baba here in the courtroom today?
Can you identify him by pointing at him and mentioning an article of clothing?
When you spoke with Ali Baba, did he speak about his fourty theives?
What did he tell you?

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks I can always count on this website for good info and advice. Jen

Posts: 7 | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Treat the testimony just like you would the testimony of an officer who interviewed the defendant. Of course, stay away from mentioning the polygraph, but other than that, just go through the questions as you would with a witness to whom the defendant had made a statement. What I mean by "ignore the polygraph" is to not try to make this more difficult than it really is. Focus on the interview and not the ultimate purpose of the interview (polygraph).

Posts: 325 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post