TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Are parties applicable?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are parties applicable? Login/Join 
posted
Is the law of parties applicable to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Laws?

I have a case where the defendant is charged under Sec. 61.022(a) TxP&W Laws. (basically, hunting (dove) on someone else's property without consent). The defendant wasn't the hunter but actually the guide directing the hunters to hunt on this land without consent from the landowner.

Can I use the law of parties from the Penal Code and apply it the the Tx Parks and Wildlife, eventhough the TxP&W has a different sentencing guideline for this class B misd.???

Posts: 2 | Location: Rockwall,Texas | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if the law of parties applies to a P&W Code violation, but file on the errant hunters and see how long it takes them to sue the snot out of the guide who directed them to trespass.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1.03 (b) says Title 2 applies to offenses defined by other laws unless the statute defining the offense provides otherwise. Don't know if there is a case on point, but that sure seems to says guide can be guilty for the hunter's conduct he was aiding or encouraging.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post