TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    IADA - Actual Certificate Needed?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IADA - Actual Certificate Needed? Login/Join 
posted
When an inmate from another state requests the final disposition of his charges here in Texas under IADA - CCP Art. 51.14, Art. III - is there supposed to be an actual certificate from the warden/custodian of the facility where the prisoner is currently incarcerated? What does it look like? I am writing a response to an interlocutory appeal and have what the defendant sent to the DA, but there is nothing that looks official or like a certificate. And, since the defendant must strictly comply with the requirements of the IADA to be granted relief (which in this case is the dismissal of his capital murder charges), I am assuming that without the certificate, if one should exist, he is out of luck. Am I right???

Posts: 3 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: September 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post