TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Case Theme for Gun Possession
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case Theme for Gun Possession Login/Join 
posted
I'm new to the forums here and a rather new prosecutor. I have two cases going to trial very soon and was hoping someone might be able to help me with some themes. Here are the facts of my cases.

Case #1: A cab is flagged down by my defendant and his friend and told to drop them off a few blocks away. The cab is pulled over by police enroute to the destintation for failing to signal before changing lanes. While approaching the cab, the officers see a knife clipped to defendant's pants and he is removed from the vehicle. The knife is determined to be unauthorized and he is placed under arrest. While frisking him, the police also find a loaded .45 revolver in the backpack he is wearing, which also contains an ID of the defendant. I'm assuming the defendse is going to say the gun was planted or try and argue nullification.

Case #2: Defendant and three other males assault and rob six complainants for their cell phones. The complainants flag down the police and give a description of four male, three of which are wearing all black, and one with a red shirt, and give a very specific location. Within two minutes, the police have three males in custody at that location, two wearing all black, one wearing a red shirt (my defendant). The complainants point out the defendants and a loaded .357 is found on my defendant. He gives a false name and says he just found the gun and didn't commit the robbery. The complainants have refused to cooperate and have fled the country.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post