TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Halloween Political Incorrectness
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Halloween Political Incorrectness Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I think I'll get that Judge's wig for my next case law update CLE.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far, the best use of Judge Dredd I've ever seen was the Onion TV report on SCOTUS wherein every member of the Court recited "I am the law."

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like the see the Judge Dredd movie redone, since Hollywood is so fond these days of do-overs, with some better acting and some better writing. Rob Schneider and Rambo just didn't do a good job in that one, imho.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An interesting assertion, Mr. G. I don't disagree, but it begs the question: who plays the title role in the redo?

Kevin Spacey ("I am the law ... but the law is complex, conflicted and beset by pathos")?
Robert De Niro ("I got two words for you: I am the @#$^!%&* law")?
Will Farrell ("I am the law ... and the law is an ass")?
Johnnie Knoxville ("I am the ... hey, watch this!")?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You want the law? You can't handle the law!

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is getting a little long of tooth for that role.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jack is wacky enough to be a good fit in this role, and then you could have the added benefit of his former roommate Harry Dean Stanton as the elder Judge, about to take The Long Walk.

Jason Statham would also be a younger but still good Dredd. You don't need a whole lot of dialog ability to be Dredd.

Even the Governator Arnie would be a good Dredd. And I know he's been busy lately, but again, for the role of Dredd, you don't need to be a dialog master.

Rob Schneider had no place in that movie. How about Texan Bill Paxton in the Rob role?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post