Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Theft of banjo Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You do not talk about Banjo club.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you or a blood or marital relative ever appeared on the Jerry Springer Show?

How many watch the Jerry Springer show?

How many bought the Jerry Springer movie?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many times have you seen "Deliverance"?

BTW, AP was with me, he absolutely, positively, was not driving the get away car. (I owe him an alibi).

Posts: 47 | Location: BASTROP, TEXAS, USA | Registered: January 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You folks sure are a smart bunch, and Greg, I'll bet a new Sabian (I would have said "Zildjian" but I can't spell it) cymbal glistening under the spotlight attracts the ladies like white on rice. But all I know is, you strap on a Gibson Mastertone and stand downwind of a crowd of beauty queens from the Miss Rockdale pageant and turkey gobbling competition, you'd better have taken your Vitamin A, mister.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.P. Merillat:
You folks sure are a smart bunch, and Greg, I'll bet a new Sabian (I would have said "Zildjian" but I can't spell it) cymbal glistening under the spotlight attracts the ladies like white on rice. But all I know is, you strap on a Gibson Mastertone and stand downwind of a crowd of beauty queens from the Miss Rockdale pageant and turkey gobbling competition, you'd better have taken your Vitamin A, mister.

By the way, I didn't know that the Shagnasty sisters had relocated from the Trinity River basin to Rockdale.

And the Sabian family are all Zildjians, they just split from the fold to Canada and started their own cymbal company using the centuries old techniques of their family.

And thanks for the kind words, but I've never been one to attract women like fireflies on the bandstand. Usually, it's the bass player that attracts all the attention. Big Grin

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most importantly, earlier in this thread, I detailed a small portion of the history behind the name of Wilbarger County, the situs of this heinous crime.

But I forgot to say, especially for my special friend on the forum here, that famous and well-respected prosecutor Ken Starr is from Wilbarger County, Texas.

Sa-lute!

posted Hide Post
... How many of you boycotted CBS after they cancelled "The Dukes of Hazzard?"

... Does anyone know the difference between a banjo and a chain saw? {A: You can tune a chain saw.)

... Does anyone know the difference between a U.S. Savings Bond and a banjo player? (A: The bond eventually matures and earns money.)

... How many of you ladies are reminded to confirm your next beauty shop appointment when I mention the word "Beehive."

... How many of you are related to a winner of the East Texas Yamboree?

... How many of you are related to a winner of the Yamboree by both blood and marriage?

... Is anyone here a fan of Louis Marshall "Grandpa" Jones and/or Roy Clark?

... Is anyone here a member of BMG? (the Banjo, Mandolin, & Guitar Federation).

Bonus points for anyone who knew that several members of the HeeHaw cast were from Texas, including Buck Owens (Sherman), Grady Nutt (Amarillo), and Lulu Roman (Dallas).

Good luck with voir dire, and may the BR-549 be with you.

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post