TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Plot to Kill Prosecutor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plot to Kill Prosecutor Login/Join 
posted
How many inmates think about killing the prosecutor that sent them to prison? At least one: read the story.

Have you ever received a death threat? One of the perks of becoming the elected DA is you get more very personal mail addressed to you in your elected capacity.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a little note from jail with a personal touch. An old class mate from high school (that I sent to the Penn three times) is once again incarcerated. He wrote me to remind me of the many great times we had playing football in Highschool and closed with invoking our mascot and "Class of '79".......Not exactly a death threat butI was moved. Roll Eyes

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once had a capital defendant who went ballistic when I filed my notice of intent to seek the death penalty (only after he'd rejected my offer of capital life).
Shortly thereafter, my investigator intercepted some jailhouse letters, interviewed the inmates, and learned that the defendant had gotten someone to leave a razorblade at a predetermined spot in the jail so he could "slit the m-f'ing DA's throat -- if she wants the death penalty she's going with me!" Problem was, he got put in ad-seq before he could retrieve it, so he was trying to get another inmate to pick it up for him and smuggle it into his cell. She, fortunately, had been sent to TDC before she could complete the mission (although she swears she wouldn't have done it...). We found the blade in the exact spot in the jail she described.
Needless to say, my marginal future dangerousness case got much, much better and my defendant was caged and/or shackled for the rest of the trial. I made sure and wore a collarless suit on the day we presented the evidence -- we sure had a lot of jurors look from my throat, to the picture of the blade, to the defendant - with a long, cold stare.

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few years ago an inmate sent a letter to his attorney threatening the Judge, my partner and me. His lawyer, Ward Casey, who was too soon taken from us, immediately notified the Judge, our office and the police. Our investigators determined the D had contacted a friend who was a dope cook, loosely affiliated with the Aryan Brotherhood and part-time bomb maker. Because I live in another county about forty miles away, I told the Judge and my partner that I would get a heads-up because he would probably kill them first. Our investigators met with the putative hit man and told him that our health was more important to him than his own. This was five years ago and not a peep since.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post