TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Obtaining an Arrest Warrant in another county
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obtaining an Arrest Warrant in another county Login/Join 
posted
Does anybody know a reason why police investigating a crime committed in county A, cannot track a suspect to county B and get an arrest warrant there?

It looks to me like that's ok under CCP 15.03, but I'm in a rush and don't wanted to screw this up. Thanks.

Posts: 527 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas, | Registered: May 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A magistrate has authority to issue a warrant for an offense of which he has no jurisdiction to try and without regard to where the venue for trial of the offense lies. Schmidt, 449 S.W.2d at 41; Emerson, 927 S.W.2d at 721. Does that mean that magistrates in County B will normally want to worry about offenses in County A-- not so sure about that. But, so long as the affidavit alleges that "another has committed some offense against the laws of the State", I see no problem with the warrant.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post