TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    MIred in the tar..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MIred in the tar.. Login/Join 
posted
A Commissioner did work on a private drive with county equipment; he has resigned, been indicted, and is on probation.

Problem is - he did it wrong, causing a harm to the landowner - managed to leave things such that the landowner had trouble getting down the driveway. Newly appointed commissioner goes in to fix what the county broke. Now there is a hue and cry for HIS blood - -

Any suggestions?

Lisa Confused

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is probably no good answer except to let the grand jury decide. Otherwise, you will be second guessed for the next 20 years.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surely, he was just trying to "settle" the lawsiut that was coming against the county for the damage to the property....he simply failed to get the approval of the whole court prior to acting. Would a ratification of the "settlement agreement" signed by the land owner and commissioner's court help you any?

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, both. Given that I was working from information gathered on the way home from the juvie law seminar, and trying to create a solution before commissioners court this morning, I left out one piece of information -

The hue and cry is being raised by a candidate for the commissioners' job.... Frown

With your assistance, we'll muddle through! I was needing new fodder for the roads talk!

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post