TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Civil Committee Meeting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Civil Committee Meeting Login/Join 
posted
The Civil Committee will be meeting on Friday to plan the Civil Law Seminar in May in Ft Worth. If you have any topics you'd like addressed, why not post them here?

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard rumblings that a reprise of nuts & bolts strategies for litigating CPS cases may draw attendance (I know our Family Crime Unit would be interested). Another catalyst for the brainstorming session might be tips on planning for and handling crisis management (e.g., preventing that sinking feeling in the county's checkbook when you find out from the TV that there's been a suicide in your jail by seeing the sheriff, during an on-camera interview, saying, "Boy, we really screwed this one up. If only the duty officers would've paid attention to those suicide threats.").

Subdivision regulation and associated issues like "manufactured housing" are not going away. Likewise, it has been our unfortunate experience that employment issues remain a consistent wellspring of litigation (both by employees and elected officials).

Finally, I find myself fielding (clumsily) questions about computer and software contracts. And the occasional failings of errant elected officials. And purchasing. And inmate civil rights, particularly when they're used for public officials' pet manual labor projects. In sum, many of the tried-and-true topics retain interest. At least out here.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What Scott said.

Posts: 2 | Location: Midland | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a post some time back about working on a County Friendly alternative to the AIA Standard Form of Architect Contract. Has that been addressed, or could it be addressed at the Civil Seminar?

Posts: 3 | Location: Athens, Texas | Registered: May 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post