TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    lease-finance agreement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

lease-finance agreement Login/Join 
posted
If anyone has drafted a lease-finance agreement for vehicles, I would like to see a copy. My fax number is 210 335-2151. Thanks.
Jill

Posts: 5 | Location: san antonio, texas, usa | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since no one else has taken the hook....

Are you talking about a lease-purchase agreement? We buy vehicles that way, on a 3-year payout. We just use the mfgrs forms. AG opinions say lease purchase is okay for road graders and, by extension, other vehicles. Naturally, we make sure all the Ray Rike provisions to protect the county are added.

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With any multi-year obligation, such as a vehicle lease, the number one "Ray Rike" clause that must appear in the contract is a "funding out" or "fiscal funding" clause. Otherwise, the agreement is void under article 11, section 7 of the constitution. A manufacturer's (or dealer's) form also may contain indemnification language. To that, I say "no way!" Also watch for arbitration clauses. Others may disagree, but I think that consenting to arbitration is about as good an idea as okaying a forum selection clause specifying California as the source of controlling law and site of suit.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post