TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Reinvestment Zone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reinvestment Zone Login/Join 
posted
We are beginning to work on establishing a reinvestment zone so that a tax abatement agreement can be offered to a new industry.

Does anyone have any forms, especially the guidelines that have to be adopted before formation of the zone, that they would be willing to share?

My email is jtirey(at)halecounty.org, my fax is (806) 291-5308.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I have a set of guidelines, as well as a desination of reinvestment zone. I will be happy to share. Will get them to you Wed. or Thurs.
The guidelines can be fairly specific and tailored to each entities needs....ie. amount of investment....creation of certian # of jobs, or a combination of both.
When we begain the process years ago, we required x jobs at x payscale to qualify for y abatement. Recently, the Comm Ct. changed the requirements with a premium being placed on $ of investment to satisfy the wind energy folks who would not have qualified under the old guidelines, as those industries are employee poor, but investment rich. The abatement is then based on a sliding scale, both amount and time, conditioned on the amout of investment and\or new jobs created.
If nothing else, maybe our form will be a starting point for you.
Mike Hartman
Scurry County

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike--

Thanks so much for the material! It will be a great help.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post