TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Multiple Party Representation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Multiple Party Representation Login/Join 
posted
I know there a rule that says different attorneys from the same governmental office can represent different entities of their government. Can anyone tell me where to find this rule? I have heard this often referred to by Ray R.

Posts: 45 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: November 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may be thinking of Tex. Loc. Gov't Code sec. 157.9015. It's not just a good idea; it's the law. Or, you may be thinking of some of the cases such as Public Utility Comm'n v. Cofer, 754 S.W.2d 121 (Tex. 1988) referring to the Attorney General's ability to represent opposing state agencies within the same litigation.

With that said, you also should refer to the new Disciplinary Rule 1.06, and consider the new comment 22 to the rule.

[This message was edited by Scott Brumley on 01-03-11 at .]

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post