TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Who's your daddy/mama?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's your daddy/mama? Login/Join 
posted
Okay, fellow civil geeks. As we get ready to map out the Civil Seminar, it's time once again to decide who should receive the coveted Gerald Summerford Civil Practitioner of the Year Award. For those unfamiliar with the process, we accept nominations from pretty much anyone interested enough to submit them, then the Civil Committee evaluates the nominees and votes on the winner at the meeting to plan the Civil Seminar. As it stands, that meeting is slated for the Tuesday before the Annual, Take Two in Corpus. So, if you have any nominees to submit, you can post them here or e-mail them to me.

Let the bedlam begin.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you nominate someone? Are there any criteria for the award?

Posts: 45 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: November 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To nominate someone, you simply present their name (and office affiliation) to a member of the Civil Committee (including me). You may do that in any means you choose, such as posting here, or an e-mail or letter to a committee member. It is helpful in doing so to provide a brief summary of the nominee's contributions over the past year to the practice of civil representation of counties and the state, as our offices do, and how that contribution affects the statewide practice of that particular area of law.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scott, do you consider a juvenile practitioner as a civil lawyer? If so, I nominate Stacey Brownlee, currently with the AG's office Prosecutor Assistance Division. She is always ready to help another lawyer, and has always been that way. An outstanding practitioner!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post