TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Miss conduct????
Miss conduct???? Login/Join 
My wife had car accident on May/17 at Denton.
we stop because students are crossing street.
At the same time, a car following us hit our back bumper.
Policeman came to the place and
asked us "do you need police report?".
I said "Sure, to fix my car".
At the place I copy the name of car owner and
Insurance, and phone number.
After couple of days, I pick the police report at
police station. Report said the other car drive had two tickets, that there is no insurance informance. Only the car has the insuranc.( Can the poice man do this?). and also, Both I and Insurance company still can not contact the other owner and drive. Still We could not fix my car.
Please tell me any thing!!!

[This message was edited by sung on 05-30-02 at .]
Posts: 1 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: May 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your interest in our website, and I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with your car. That sounds frustrating!

I wanted to write to let you know about a resource that might be able to help you. The State Bar of Texas (1-800-204-2222) has a service called the Lawyer Referral Service (1-800-252-9690) that can probably point you in the direction of getting some legal help.

I wish this group could help you with your problem, but we practice criminal and civil law for the state government. Because of that, we are unable to take on private clients -- and very few of our members would know anything about insurance law.

Good luck with your problem, and I hope that the State Bar's Lawyer Referral Service is able to help you, if your insurance company is unable to help you more efficiently and quickly.

Diane Beckham
TDCAA Staff Counsel
Posts: 115 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: November 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  

TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Miss conduct????

© TDCAA, 2001. All Rights Reserved.