TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Public Disclosure of Determinate Sentence
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Public Disclosure of Determinate Sentence Login/Join 
posted
I know I should know the answer to this, but then again I should know the answer to lots of stuff that I routinely don't.

Scenario is this: 16 year old is given a four year determinate sentence for sexual assault. Sex offender registration is deferred and ultimately waived when the juvenile completes his sex offender education course. Prior to his 18th birthday he is transferred to adult supervision. Does the juvenile adjudication (even though determinate) mandate that the proceeding remain confidential and not to be publicly disclosed? Or does the transfer to the adult supervision system make it a public record?

Our juvenile's record is publicly viewable on a number of websites, including publicdata.com.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post