TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Enhancement for Chronic Graffiti Offenders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enhancement for Chronic Graffiti Offenders Login/Join 
posted
The Anti-Graffiti Community Task Force in our area has issued a report with several recommendations to address the problem of graffiti in our area. One recommendation is adding a repeat graffiti offender enhancement to � 28.08(b)(3) of the Texas Penal Code. The suggested language will be similar to an �enhancement of punishment is allowed if the offender has two prior convictions or adjudications of graffiti offenses.� I would like to get some feedback before taking further steps. What do you think about this recommendation?

Posts: 3 | Location: El Paso, Texas, USA | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be rarely used and probably not worth the effort. I think the regular enhancement statutes should suffice.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Ken - plus for over 30 years I have been a prosecutor in Houston, Harris County - a big jurisdiction with plenty of gang activity - and I cannot recall having seen a juvenile with TWO, much less, THREE referrals for graffiti.

Posts: 113 | Location: Houston, Texas,USA | Registered: October 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post